To add a carousel to a course:
- Create one slide topic (parent) based on the Carousel template.
- Place the slide topic at Level 1 in the book contents.
- For each image, create a content topic based on any template (except the special Honeycomb templates) or reuse an existing topic.
- Place the content topic as a child element to the slide topic, to provide a short caption for each image.
A carousel slide must have at least three images. If each is to have a caption, then three content topics would be required.
This example shows how your slide structure would look when the slide and elements are placed correctly.
The next part is just like the image buttons that we looked at earlier.
- In the parent slide topic, include a file object for each of the carousel images in consecutive paragraphs, and then apply the ClickableImage style.
The number of images and content topics must match. When you publish, Author-it matches the images to the content topics in the same order; so, the first image is matched to the first content topic, and so on.