To add new content in Author-it, you create new objects. Different tasks in this process can be undertaken in different workspaces. Below is a summary of those tasks.
In Author you can:
- Set up styles and rules for objects.
- Create all types of objects.
- Open all types of objects.
- Edit objects.
Access Author from the Primary navigation
In quick-editing mode you can
- Create a new book object.
- Create a new topic object.
- Edit existing book and topic objects.
- Insert, replace and delete file objects.
Access book and topic objects in quick-editing mode by either:
- Selecting Library on your Primary navigation, then finding and selecting your book.
- Selecting the name of your most-recent book from the Primary navigation. This always displays your most-recent book you have been working on in quick-editing mode.
- Or if you want to edit a book you have just published, you can find it in Publishing on the Primary navigation and open it in editing mode from there.
In Files you can
- View your files.
- Upload new files to your library.
Access Files from the Primary navigation
- Find out more about working in Files in Author-it Cloud