Inserting a symbol or special character into your text that is not available on the standard keyboard is a very straightforward process.
- Open your topic.
- Position the cursor where you want to insert the symbol or special character.
- If it is necessary, change the style applied to that paragraph or the character style applied to that part of the paragraph to one that has the font that contains the symbol or special character you want.
- Click Edit > Insert > Insert Symbol. The Symbol window opens, displaying characters available in the current paragraph font.
- If required, select a different character style. The list of symbols is updated when you choose a character style with a different font.
Note: Not all character styles will specify a font that is different from the one specified in the underlying paragraph style - they may just change other text attributes, like making text bold or using italics.
- Click the required symbol character, and then click OK. The window closes and the selected character is inserted in the topic text. If you specified a character style, that is also applied to the inserted character.