In quick-editing mode you can create new:
- book objects
- topic objects
- hyperlink objects
- file objects.
- Select Library in the Primary navigation
- Find the book by filtering or searching in the Navigation pane.
- Select the book name.
The Book editor opens. It is divided into several functional areas.
Control bar in the Book editor
The Control bar shows the name of your open book and has a refresh button on the right hand side.
The Menu bar gives you editing controls for the topics within your book, allowing you to:
- create a new topic
- move topics
- insert an existing topic
- delete a topic.
The Menu bar also contains the:
- Publish to button - provides a drop down list of all the publishing templates that you can use to publish the book.
- Create new Review button. Enables you to create a review of the current book . You can then add topics for review as they become ready.
- Create new Approval button. Enables you to create an approval review.
Navigation pane and Book Content pane
The Book editor workspace contains a Navigation pane and a Book Content pane.
The Navigation pane lists all the topics in your book.
The Book Content pane shows you the contents of all your topics, in the order shown in the Navigation pane. Unlike Author, where you have to open each topic to view the content, quick-editing mode displays all content of every topic.