The Search function's powerful features include:
- Wildcards (*guide)
- Searching by filename or extension (*.xls)
- Quoted text ("user guide")
- Boolean filters (AND, OR, NOT)
- Fuzzy search (guide~)
- Proximity search, within X number of words of (guide~10)
Search in folders
By default, when you click the Search button, the search is for the currently selected folder. To search in a different folder, right-click that folder and select Search from the menu.
- Open the Search window from the Search button or shortcut menu.
- Type the file name or file contents, then click Search.
Note: The metadata search fields are not supported in Author-it Cloud.
- When the search has completed, click on a Search result to display that file within its folder.