The Insert variable button in the Topic Toolbar can be used to insert a variable.
- Place the cursor at the point in the topic where you want to insert the variable.
- Click the Insert variable button in the Topic Toolbar and select a variable from the drop-down list. The selected variable is inserted in the topic.
- Save the changes to the topic.
- If a value has been assigned to the variable, the topic will display the assigned value when you reopen it. You can hover the mouse over the variable to display the name of the variable as a tool tip:
- If no value has been assigned to the variable, the name of the variable will display in the topic.
A video for this procedure is available at: https://vimeo.com/362701839